Mytilus edulis/galloprovincialis Hybrid
- Approximate count is 12 to 16 mussels per lb.
- These live Honey Mussels™ are packed in 5lb. vexar bags
- Grown locally on Lasqueti Island
- Honey colour
- Harvest date and harvest area are listed on accompanying shellfish tag
- Keep the accompanying shellfish tag on file for 90 days
Handling & Storage
- Keep mussels chilled between 1° to 4℃
- Store in the cooler on ice in a non-airtight container and allow water to drain
- Cover with a clean, wet cloth
- Discard any broken shells and open mussels that do not close when lightly tapped
- Scrub shells and pull any remaining “beard” or byssus thread off
- Minimum shelf life is 3 days from date of delivery
Available fresh May to March
- Sweet flavour
- Delicate texture
- Live product has superior texture compared to frozen
- For best texture and clean ocean crisp flavour, steam until just open
- Overcooking can sometimes toughen and shrink the meat – don’t overcook!
- Suggested appetizer portion is ½ lb. Entrée portion is 1 lb.
From Our Family to Your Table